Journeys to close by settlements, getting to know the unique natural environment that the area offers you.
- In a distance of just 2 klm from the Villa you’ll see the holy monastery of Arsani which dates back to 16th cent. and was founded in the years of Venetian Rule from the monk Arsenios.
- At 3 klm is the village Asteri, in where there’s an ancient oil-pressure and a unique tavern-museum, that worths to visit ti.
- Southern at the village Adele is the private farm Agreco with buildings of Venetian architecture of 17th century and one can see a water-mill, an old oil-pressure, and an area for cheese-making. At the farm one can also see a raki-urn (a metal pot that you distille raki, an alcoholic drink), a pot in which you press the grapes, a threshing floor an old oven, a winery as a mini zoo. The farm is open for the public only after reservations from May till October.
- Southeast we’ll see the traditional village of Maroulas with the Venetian Towers, the Venetian houses of the nobles and the archades, ideal destination for a pleasant hiking in the olive groves.
- Driving southeast on the old national road, you’ll see Ancient Eleftherna in where for the last 30 years, it has the title of the “landascape of natural beauty”. Ancient Eleftherna is the most important archeological area of the prefecture. The importance of Eleftherna as an archeological site has driven to the decision of creating a museum inside the archeological area.
- The historical monastery of Arcadi with the two churches dedicated to Saint Constantin and Helen. It is worth to say that Unesco has offered at Arcadi the title of the European monument of Liberty. The monastery Arcadi is a symbol that reminds to the visitors that sacrifices are important for someone to get his independence.
- The village Margarites has a tradition in pottery and even today they made clay pots that imitating the ancient Minoan ware. It is interesting to see the many Venetian Houses of the Nobles that most of them are in ruins.
- In a distance of 8 klm south of Rethymno town is the gorge of the Mills in a green beautiful gorge with 1,5 h easy hiking. The gorge starts from the Chromonastiri and ends at the Xiro Chorio. In the gorge is a stream of water and nearby there is the abandoned village of Mili. An alternative choice, if you have kids to make a short journey around the area with the train (information at the phone number 28310-71067).
- In a distance of 3 klm there is a play-ground and a kart in which bigger kids would have a great fun while you can enjoy your coffee or your soda at the café of the same area.
- Another suggestion is the horse-riding club at 5klm in the vicinity of Platanias HORSE PARK (tel. 28310-22472), in the same area you’ll find a place for golf and other games. If you like tennis or basketball, we are suggesting the tennis sports club with gym and other activities for kids at Missiria tel: 28310-56600.
- At Sfakaki and in the area eastern and western you can choose any beach you like with sand, pebbles rocky or deserted, busy or organized, the choice is yours!